Re: [abc-dev] Fwd:

From: Pavel Avgustinov <pavel_at_comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:41:30 +0100

Hi Chris,

Good to hear from you! Sorry for the delay in replying to this, last week was
rather hectic.

> Example input that causes the problem:
>
> public enum A{A,B,C}

This has been fixed in SVN head; thanks for reporting it.

> Using the same options as described below, both of the following classes
> compile fine from Java source, but errors are generated when trying to
> weave into the outputted .class files. (Is this the right place to be
> reporting these errors?)
>

> public class Test1
> {
> public interface IF{};
> public IF test(){return null;}
> }
>
> results in:
>
> Exception in thread "main" polyglot.util.InternalCompilerError: unhandled
> exception during compilation

This has been fixed in svn HEAD, for the abc.ja extension. Unfortunately it's
currently a bug in the CompileSequence class, which is overridden by each
extension, so the problem will currently still be present in abc.ja.eaj and
abc.ja.tm.

I'm working on a slight refactoring that will shift the burden into a JastAdd
aspect, allowing extensions to inherit the fixed behaviour. Hopefully this
will be done by the end of the day.

> The second error is with:
>
> public class Test
> {
> @B
> int i;
> }
>
> public @interface B
> {
> }
>
> Which gives:
>
> Exception in thread "main" polyglot.util.InternalCompilerError: unhandled
> exception during compilation

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this. Can you give any further information that
might help? The complete abc command line might be useful... also, does it
happen with recent abc builds?

Cheers,
- Pavel