Re: [abc-dev] Fwd:

From: Eric Bodden <eric.bodden_at_mail.mcgill.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:52:01 -0400

Hi all.

2008/9/11 Chris Allan <mrchrisallan_at_googlemail.com>:
> I had a very quick look at what was going on, and it seems that when
> processing the .class files, the field
> abc.ja.jrag.FieldDeclaration.sootField never gets set, because the
> conditional at FieldDeclaration line 329 [
> if(!hostType().getSootClassDecl().declaresFieldByName(name)) ] returns false
> when looking for the field 'i' - when compiling from source, this expression
> evaluates to true. I don't know what the significance of this is though, so
> I gave up investigating! Please let me know if I can provide any more
> information.

To my understanding the error occurs somewhat earlier in the
compilation process. If I am not mistaken then JastAdd should not even
touch these files at all because they are read in from bytecode and
JastAdd is only meant to handle .java files.

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group
McGill University, Montréal, Canada