Re: [abc-users] Schedule for annotations etc.

From: Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh@earth.li>
Date: Thu Dec 23 2004 - 20:14:47 GMT

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Eric Bodden wrote:

> Since last week the Eclipse and AJC team were making a huge jump
> forward with annotations support: Do you have a schedule already for
> an ABC version that will support them (and probably other Java 5
> features)?

We are actively involved with the ajc team in the design of AspectJ 5.
Regarding annotations, we already have done the lexer and parser to
support the additions to the pointcut language, and we now intend to work
on adding support to Soot for these. Generics require some more
substantial changes to the underlying Java compiler (Polyglot), and we are
working with the Polyglot team towards realising those in the medium term.
We don't have a definite schedule yet, but we are hoping to complete
support for all of AspectJ 5 by the end of the summer.

Cheers,

Ganesh