[abc-users] Soot-Classpath issues due to package names (was: Loading aspects into Soot directly in memory)

From: Eric Bodden <bodden@i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 15:04:49 GMT

Ok, I could reduce the aforementioned error to two causes:

a) My generated ASTs are never written to disk. However I still had the
HierarchyBuild active on those "synthetic source" jobs and thus the not
existing "sources" were added to the list of weavable classes. I now stopped
this pass from being added to those jobs and that made the problem go away.

b) However there are "normal classes" left (which should be woven into) which
are loaded from source files. And apparently Soot has a problem finding them.
I invoke abc in my test harness as:

Main.main(new String[]{
"-ext",
"abc.ltl",
"-ltlpath",
"ltl-harness/bytecodetests",
"ltl-harness/testcases/SomeClass.java"
});

You can ignore the ltlpath - that's just where the initial formulas are being
extracted from.

The problem seems to be that "SomeClass" has the package declaration "package
testcases;" only. Thus, "testcases.SomeClass" cannot be found in the
sootclasspath, since this points to "." but not also to "ltl-harness".

I am not entirely sure if what I am doing in the commandline above is actually
valid input to abc. But should it be, I think, the sootclasspath should be
updated with "path to source file" minus "path found through package
declaration" in order to avoid this problem.

Does that make sense?

Eric Bodden
Chair 2 for Computer Science
RWTH Aachen University, Germany