Re: [abc-users] Abc optimization options with Ant

From: Pavel Avgustinov <pavel.avgustinov@magdalen.oxford.ac.uk>
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 11:16:26 BST

Venkat Chakravarthy wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to use the abc optimization options in the ajc task in
> the Ant build file.
>
> 1) Is there some way to specify the optimization arguments for the
> compiler in the ajc task for Ant?

There is, actually -- use the O attribute of the ajc/iajc tag, with a
value of 0-3. Thus

<ajc O="0"> <more_tags> </ajc>

would compile with no optimisations enabled.

I'd like to implement an 'abcoptions' attribute to the <ajc> tags that
would allow you to specify arbitrary command-line options for abc,
though if the O attribute mentioned above is sufficient for your needs,
I'll leave it for a while.

> 2) I had a look at the 'abc' script in the bin folder. Can I specify the
> optimization options in the script after abc.main.Main
> I am not sure if this is the right way to do this and that the ajc
> task
> invokes this script.

No, that wouldn't affect the ant invocation, since that doesn't go via
the 'abc' script.

Cheers,
Pavel