RE: [abc-users] problem : "Bad class file" producing .class file from the .ppg file

From: Eric Bodden <eric.bodden@mail.mcgill.ca>
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 20:08:40 BST

> 5- try to parse the eaj.ppg file to produce the Grm.class file
> >>C:\Java\abc-1.2.0\lib\abc\eaj\parse>java ppg.PPG -o Grm.class eaj.ppg

Well, here you got something wrong. PPG is a parser generator, i.e. it generates a Java *source* file containing the parser for the grammar you pass it. By stating "-o Grm.class", you simply rename this file (which should have the name Grm.java actually) to Grm.class. I am sure that if you had had a look at the file with an editor you would have found out that it's actually a Java source file.

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group, McGill University
Montréal, Québec, Canada