Re: [abc-users] -O3 runtime error

From: Eduardo S. Cordeiro <cordeiro@dcc.ufmg.br>
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 20:13:37 BST

Hello Ondrej and Eric,

thanks for the replies; I noticed the problem with Paddle throwing an
exception is solved on abc-1.2.1. I have another problem though -- with
the -O3 flag turned on, and the -Xmx512M VM option, abc seems to run
forever on my machine -- the most I've tried was going for over 20
minutes when I shut it down.

I don't actually need my optimization to run on -O3, however, because
all I need is static information. The glitch seems to be that my
optimization involves eliminating methods, and it appears that this can
only be done from a SceneTransformer. Adding SceneTransformers to the
"bop" pack doesn't work though, and removing methods from a
BodyTransformer is equally fruitless.

I fear SceneTransformers can only be added to the "wjtp" pack...is this
true? If so, is there a way to remove methods from a BodyTransformer, or
will -O3 be a requirement? (This might be pushing a little too hard, but
is it possible to run -O3 and bypass call graph creation and the other
"wjtp" optimizations?)

Thanks again for the help,
Eduardo Cordeiro