[abc-users] precedence rules in AspectJ

From: Klaus Havelund <havelund@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 20:30:30 GMT

This question concerns advice precedence rules of AspectJ,
specifically concerning
precedence rules within a *single* aspect. I do not fully understand
in what sitations
the compiler yields inconsistency warnings (several advices apply to
the same point).
Can anyone explain these rules, or where I can read about it?

Klaus

An example of such a warning is:

AddNumbersFromFile.java:27: Pieces of advice from aspect DataInputStreamPolicy
    (DataInputStreamPolicy.java, line 4) and aspect DataInputStreamPolicy
    (DataInputStreamPolicy.java, line 31) and aspect DataInputStreamPolicy
    (DataInputStreamPolicy.java, line 67) and aspect DataInputStreamPolicy
    (DataInputStreamPolicy.java, line 4) are in precedence conflict, and all
    apply here
    int count = source.readInt();