RE: RE: [abc-users] Using abc for instrumentation

From: Young G <lhasariverside@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed May 24 2006 - 21:27:22 BST

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply!
Ok in this case you maybe really want to use abc, I guess. How you
extend abc for your purposes depends on the term "statement of interest"
then, I guess. In particular it would be good to know whether you want
to identify such statements based on source code properties or bytecode
properties. Depending on this, you might rather want to rewrite the AST
of the source representation or the Jimple code of the bytecode
representation respectively in order to add your instrumentation code.
Both is certainly possible with abc.

The instrumentation in my project will be applied to source code. I'm wondering if you could please point me to some documentations for traversing and rewriting AST? I'm studying materials provided by aspectbench.org website. Your advice will surely shorten my learning period.

Thank you,
Young