Re: [abc-users] InterprocConstantPropagator throws IndexOutOfBoundsException when Advice does not apply

From: Eric Bodden <eric.bodden_at_mail.mcgill.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:18:30 -0400

Hi Thomas.

> For all advices i check in my compiler extension if they are allowed
> to match to certain joinpoints. When they are not allowed to match i
> change the pointcut of the advice to a never matching pointcut. When i
> do this the named exception is thrown. I experienced with several
> pointcut expressions and the result is:

Just as a side note: There is another very well-defined way in abc to
control which pointcuts can match to which joinpoints. In particular
you should have a look at the Open Modules extension (abc.om) and in
there at how ResidueConjuncts are generated.

If you want control on an even more fine grained level you can also
walk through all AdviceApplications (accessible from
GlobalAspectInfo), inspect each single one and set its residue to
NeverMatch.v() if you don't want it to be woven. This may however
require using a ReweavingAnalysis.

Hope that helps,

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group