Re: [abc-users] Tracematch and "if(thisJoinPoint.getThis() != aParticularObject)"

From: Eric Bodden <eric.bodden_at_mail.mcgill.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:30:29 -0400

2008/4/23 Pavel Avgustinov <pavel.avgustinov_at_magd.ox.ac.uk>:
> Currently there is no way of expressing the above; however we have noticed
> that it is often desirable to be able to do something like this, particular
> in the context of concurrency patterns. I plan to introduce a new feature
> (tentatively named "distinctness annotations") that would allow you to do
> something very similar. My idea is to allow statements like this in a
> tracematch body:
>
> distinct w1, w2, w3;

Pavel, did you get around implementing this by any chance? I have a
few more interesting patterns that could make use of such an
annotation, see here:
http://www.bodden.de/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/TMASyncContainsAll.java.
In fact yesterday I was wondering if "distinct" should not actually be
the default, because I think it's what you actually want at least 90%
of the time.

Cheers,

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group