Re: [abc-users] Tracematch matching semantics

From: Oege de Moor <Oege.de.Moor_at_comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:12:57 +0100 (BST)

Hi Jon,

Yes, that is the intended semantics: see

http://abc.comlab.ox.ac.uk/papers#oopsla2005

which spells out that semantics.

Conceptually, at each event (before/after joinpoint), every suffix of
the computation trace (restricted to the declared symbols) is matched
against the pattern. So if you the trace "save save save", a match
is found.

Best wishes,

-Oege