Re: [abc-users] Does abc support Java 5 syntax completely

From: Meisam Fathi <meisam.fathi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 12:02:21 -0800

Hi there,

abc.ja works properly with Java5 code, but the problem something else. I
have developed my own extension based on abc.eaj.I have created a new
AbcExtension class extending abc.eaj.AbcExtension, and added my desired
passes to it. Runs these passes properly, but it doesn't support Java5. So I
decied to swith to abc.ja extension. There is a CompileSequence class
defined in abc.ja extension which overrides some methods deined in its
superclass.When I extend abc.ja extension, passes that I have defined are
ignored. It seems that it is because of the methods defined in class
abc.ja.CompileSequence.
I need to add my own passes to my extension, and I need to make my extension
capable of dealing with Java5 code. When I extend abc.ja I can deal with
Java 5 code style, but I loose the ability to add my own passes. When I
extend abc.eaj I can add my own passes, but I can't compile Java 5 code. Is
there anybody that can help me?

Thanks in advance
Meisam