[abc-users] SoftException

From: <hsadat_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:50:26 -0600

Hi,

Are checked exceptions still wrapped in a SoftException, when thrown
at a softened join point?

In a simple example, I softened the "Exception" on a pointcut and
caught the thrown checked exception (IOException in this case). As far
as I remember, SoftException is supposed to be thrown when a checked
exception occurs at a softened join point; not only I could not catch
any SoftException, but I also could directly catch IOException and
others. So, have things changed in newer AspectJ versions, or am I
missing something?

I tested this with abc 1.3.0 as well as AJDT 1.6. 3., and got the same
behaviour.

Thanks in advance.

--Hossein