[abc-users] XML attributes in a reweaving analysis

From: Nathan Weston <npweston_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 14:20:17 +0100

Hello all,

I've implemented a new reweaving analysis which I've hooked in to abc as a new
reweaving pass. All seems to work well except that I'd like it to integrate
with the Soot Eclipse plugin by providing visualisations in terms of Color and
Link Tags. In my reweaving pass I add these tags to Units in the method bodies,
and I've added the Soot arguments "-xml-attributes" and "-f J".

The XML files get generated and placed in an attributes folder under sootOutput
in the appropriate project folder. However, these XML files do not contain the
Link and Color tags I've added, though they do contain InPreinitializationTags.
    As well as this, trying to load the Jimple in Eclipse throws the following
exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
ca.mcgill.sable.soot.attributes.AttributeDomProcessor.processNode(AttributeDomProcessor.java:55)
        at
ca.mcgill.sable.soot.attributes.AttributeDomProcessor.processAttributesDom(AttributeDomProcessor.java:48)
        at
ca.mcgill.sable.soot.attributes.SootAttributeFilesReader.readFile(SootAttributeFilesReader.java:48)
        at
ca.mcgill.sable.soot.attributes.AbstractAttributesComputer.computeAttributes(AbstractAttributesComputer.java:80)
        at
ca.mcgill.sable.soot.attributes.AbstractAttributesComputer.getHandler(AbstractAttributesComputer.java:129)
        at
ca.mcgill.sable.soot.attributes.AbstractAttributesComputer.getAttributesHandler(AbstractAttributesComputer.java:101)
        at
ca.mcgill.sable.soot.resources.SootPartManager.updatePart(SootPartManager.java:51)
        at
ca.mcgill.sable.soot.resources.EditorActivationListener.partActivated(EditorActivationListener.java:45)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartListenerList$1.run(PartListenerList.java:72)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:880)
        ... lots more

Any help as to where I'm going wrong would be greatly appreciated!
nathan