Re: AST transformations

Etienne.

Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. You are
definitely one of the most conscientious systems developers I've run
into. Actually, I have developed code like the code you sent, but
found it to be cumbersome and error-prone. What prompted my message
was that I am thinking about developing a tool to enable the
expression of AST transformations at a much higher level (perhaps as
equalities with pattern-matching variables). This tool would generate
the JAVA code to effect the transformations. There are some
significant technical issues that must be resolved to build this tool,
not the least of which is to understand the sableCC implementation.
Unfortunately, I haven't had time to make much progress on this
yet. My message (which I guess wasn't very clear) was a query to see
if anyone is working on this idea.

Thanks again,

Jeff
----