out of memory

I am getting an out of memory message while building my AST. I can
fix it with -Xmx92m (which, curiously, is the same value needed to
run JavaCC for the equivalent grammar), but that fixes the symptom,
not the problem.

Java 1.4 allows seamless mapping of data structures to disk files; if
anyone can point me to the data structures that are likely to get
large during the AST build, I can tweak the source myself until the
fix finds its way into the next release :-)