Re: [wishlist]

I am not sure I understand your request.  Can you elaborate on your
notation and examples of where this would be useful?  How would the
AST nodes naming convention apply?

Why use the "/" symbol?  Wouldn't a new keyword be easier to read and
understand?

Etienne

Ken Walter wrote:
 In addition to ? + and *, a useful notation could be "list"
 of the form something like:
 	E = S / T;
 which would mean
 	E = T

| E S T;

 This would produce two lists of Ss and Ts.
 This would automatically take care of what I think is one of the most
 frequent transforms of the parse tree.
 Processing the list from one end or the other would take care of
 associativity.

--
Etienne M. Gagnon, Ph.D.             http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/