Re: SableCC event driven?

Hi Jochen,

This is an ideal project for testing the new SableCC back-end (look for
Indrek's recent message).  Maybe you would be willing to create a template
for an event-driven parser?

Have fun!

Etienne

Wiedmann, Jochen wrote:
Hi,

I am searching for a parser generator that is able to create event
driven parsers. More precisely, I do not want that the parser is using
an Iterator pattern for accessing its tokens (as in Token
Tokenizer.nextToken()) but may be controlled by events (as in Parser
addToken(Token t)). The reason is that in my case the Tokens are SAX
events. The Iterator pattern would force me to either build a token list
in memory (which is unsuitable for very large documents) or do the
parsing in a separate thread (which is unsuitable for performance
reasons).

Kind regards,

Jochen

--