memory usage problem

Hi,

I have a problem confusing me a lot these days. I am writing an
Interprocedural Slicing package on Soot. So far, everything has
been finished. I got an Interprocedural Program Dependence Graph
for the java program, off course after I jimplified it. Then I
apply the slicing algorithm on the graph.

I am testing on jvm98 now. What is weird is I got OutOfMemory
error when I run with some benchmarks in jvm98. The smallest
one has 17 classes, and i ran it on a Sun Ultra 10 with 192M
memory and Sun Ultra 450 with 1G memory separately. With the
1G memory machine, I hope everything should work out, but I
still got the OutOfMemory error. I use 'top' to monitor the
memory usage, and found that on both machine the memory usage
pattern is nearly same. I list the information here for your
reference.

It seems there are enough memory available, but I just cannot
grab it. I wanna know if there is some restriction on memory
by soot or something else? Anybody know something about this
problem, your comments and suggestion will be highly appreciated!!!

Thanks veru much,

Liang
----------------------
On Sun Ultra450 w/ 1G:

last pid:  2024;  load averages:  1.01,  0.86,  0.49
12:52:45
35 processes:  32 sleeping, 1 stopped, 2 on cpu
CPU states: 74.3% idle, 25.0% user,  0.2% kernel,  0.5% iowait,  0.0% swap
Memory: 1024M real, 727M free, 40M swap in use, 2813M swap free

  PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE   TIME    CPU COMMAND
 2016 lguo       1   0    0   19M   18M cpu0    9:34 25.00% java

On Sun Ultra 10 w/ 192M:

last pid:  2474;  load averages:  1.01,  0.87,  0.64
12:41:27
51 processes:  48 sleeping, 1 running, 1 zombie, 1 on cpu
CPU states:  0.0% idle, 99.0% user,  1.0% kernel,  0.0% iowait,  0.0% swap
Memory: 192M real, 49M swap in use, 2127M swap free

  PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE   TIME    CPU COMMAND
 2464 lguo       1   0    0   19M   18M run     8:32 99.31% java

Liang