Soot phase options

Hi,

I'm currently trying out the different Soot phase options
(www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/phase-options).

I want to activate static inlining, so to compile my main class, "LCS", I
used:

> soot --app -W -a -p wjop.si VTA-passes:1 -p wjiop.si allowed-modifier-changes:safe LCS

I get the following error message, indicating a stack overflow (below).
Can I get rid of this error? Note that without the -a option, I got the
message: "java.lang.RuntimeException: VTA needs '-a' or '--analyze-context'
switch to run correctly."

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
---------
Genevieve Arboit
PhD student, Crypto and Quantum Info Lab

-- Error message ---------------------------------------------------------

[axon] [/crypto/home/garboit/courses/621/a2/best-opti] soot --app -W -a -p
wjop.si
 VTA-passes:1 -p wjiop.si allowed-modifier-changes:safe LCS
Soot started on Mon Feb 05 16:32:44 EST 2001
Computing reachable methods took 1 min. 11 sec.
java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at java.lang.String.hashCode(String.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.util.HashMap.containsKey(HashMap.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.util.HashSet.contains(HashSet.java, Compiled Code)
        at soot.Scene.quotedNameOf(Scene.java, Compiled Code)
        at soot.RefType.toString(RefType.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java, Compiled Code)
        at soot.SootMethod.getSubSignatureImpl(SootMethod.java, Compiled Code)
        at soot.SootMethod.getSignature(SootMethod.java, Compiled Code)
        at
soot.jimple.toolkits.invoke.VTATypeGraph.getVTALabel(VTATypeGraph.java, Compiled Code)
        at
soot.jimple.toolkits.invoke.VTATypeGraph.<init>(VTATypeGraph.java, Compiled Code)
        at
soot.jimple.toolkits.invoke.VariableTypeAnalysis.<init>(VariableTypeAnalysis.java, Compiled Code)
        at
soot.jimple.toolkits.invoke.StaticInliner.internalTransform(StaticInliner.java:81)
        at soot.SceneTransformer.transform(SceneTransformer.java, Compiled Code)
        at soot.Pack.apply(Pack.java, Compiled Code)
        at soot.Main.run(Main.java, Compiled Code)