line numbers in Soot

In the FAQ I saw a thread about getting a correspondence
between line numbers in the source code and line numbers
in Jimple. The thread seems to have ended without any response.
I'd be very interested in knowing the answer to that quesiton
or get hints about how to implement that.

Specifically, I'm interested in correspondence between line
numbers in a class file and line numbers in the correspoing
jimple file (after jimplify has done the translation).
An alternative would be to associate line numbers from the
class file with statements in the Jimple code after deassembling.
I saw the existence of a line number table in the coffi package.
Is that something I could use?

Incidentally, I have the same question about line numbers
in a Java file and line numbers in the corresponding Jimple
file.

Guillaume

                         Guillaume P. Brat, PhD
                           Kestrel Technology
NASA Ames Research Center                       Phone: (650) 604-1105
MS 269-2                                        Fax:   (650) 604-4036
Moffett Field, CA 94035                     brat@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov