Re: Introduction

Patrick LAM wrote:

  1. using structural analysis to recreate the compositional
control-flow from jimple-code into a simple "WHILE"-type language

Dava does this. I think it's in the main Soot tree.

That's interesting. Are there any places to go for docs on dava, except the papers on Decompilation at http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/publications/papers ? (reading them now).

The SET seems to be almost the thing I need... except the breaks and continues... I'll have a closer look. Thanks for the pointer.

I think it shouldn't take 20 minutes to do a whole-program analysis, but
I'm not current on that area.  Maybe Ondrej will comment on that.

I hope so. My adventures with reducing the call-graph via ReachableMethods.addMethod seems to lead into unsound territory :(

--
Helge