Re: How to do points-to analysis with call graph pre-built by VTA or RTA

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 09:58:30AM +1000, Phung Hua Nguyen wrote:
>    Dear all,
>
>    I would like to do points-to analysis with call-graph prebuilt using VTA
>    or RTA. I don't think the option vta or rta of spark performs this issue.
>    Maybe I need to run spark twice: one to get callgraph and one to do
>    points-to analysis. Is it right? If it is right how to do effciently?

When you run Spark with the option on-fly-cg:off, it will first
construct a call graph with CHA, then run Spark using that call graph.
Since VTA and RTA are now implemented by Spark, you are right that to
get the initial call graph coming from VTA or RTA, you'll need to run
Spark twice. Because the cg pack is a RadioScenePack (meaning that
exactly one phase in it can be enabled at a time), you can't just add a
second copy of Spark to it to get it to run twice. Probably the easiest
way to get Spark to run twice is to write a small SceneTranformer whose
internalTransform calls SparkTransformer's transform method twice,
passing in different options each time. For the first run, pass in
either vta or rta, and for the second run, pass in on-fly-cg:off. I
haven't tried this before, but it ought to work.

Ondrej