[Soot-list] Shimple with Spark

Guillaume Salagnac Guillaume.Salagnac at imag.fr
Mon Nov 22 11:53:55 EST 2004

From: Navindra Umanee <navindra at cs.mcgill.ca>
Subject: Re: [Soot-list] Shimple with Spark
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:30:13 -0500

<...>
>  If you are using Soot 2.1.0, you can use --whole-shimple instead of
> --whole-program along with the other switches to get Spark to use
> Shimple.
>
> You will need to apply this patch.
<...>

Hi,

Navindra gave me the same patch a few monthes ago (and it works
perfectly, thanks again !), and I had a hard time trying te rebuild Soot from
sources (which needs ant, and some tools).

But someone told me a quite smarter way to patch a big jared application
like soot. you need not compile everything : simply recompile
PackManager.java, and put it in it's own directory. With an ad hoc
$CLASSPATH, the runtime will load the patched version instead of the
original version, without even the need to remove the old one.

This way, you can apply the patch, and hack some other minor features of
soot without too much work.

Hope this helps,

-G