[Soot-list] getThisLocal(), CHA on soot.Main

Saswat Anand saswat at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 7 21:10:44 EDT 2004

Hello,

I see that Body : getThisLocal() throws an exception when there is no
"this", like in case of static methods. I think it would be nicer if it just
returns null instead throwing an exception!

Secondly, CHA based call graph construction crashes when applied to
soot.Main. This is soot2.1 -- so the problem may have been fixed in the CVS?

Also, Transform : setDeclaredOptions( java.lang.String ) and Transform :
setDefaultOptions( java.lang.String ) do not seem to have much
documentation. Only after some hit and trial I realized that if I have more
that one option to declare for my phase, they should be separated by a
space, like setDeclaredOptions( "option1 option2" )!  Same goes for
setDefaultOptions(). A more suggestive name for setDeclaredOptions might be
declareOptions().

Thanks
Saswat