[Soot-list] method has an invalid active body!

Patrick LAM plam at sable.mcgill.ca
Tue Oct 12 10:15:59 EDT 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Uwe Dolinsky wrote:

> I've written a Jimple transformer that builds (in its internalTransform
> method)
> a new method using Jimple.
> This is a snippet of the code I use before adding statements to that new
> method:
>
>         DeclClass.addMethod(method);
>          JimpleBody body = Jimple.v().newBody(method);
>          method.setActiveBody(body);

This sounds like a phase ordering problem.  Which phase are you adding
your Jimple transformer to?  If you add it after other Jimple bodies have
been converted to Baf, then the code generator will get confused.  In
particular, in that phase, you should try and query a random method of
DeclClass and see what bodies it has.

pat