[Soot-list] "throws" information lost for some method when output to class file?

Chen Fu chen.fu.cn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 22:50:51 EDT 2004

I was trying to do some instrumentation and found that in the soot
generated class files, "throws" information for some methods are lost.

This is how I found the problem
write a hello world program and put it through soot

java soot.Main --app -w -i java.io Hello

after it finished
cd sootOutput
java soot.Main --f J -soot-class-path .:${JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib/rt.jar
java.io.FileInputStream.

If you look at the generated jimple file, "throws" information for all
the methods in this class disappered.

Did I do something wrong or I need to change some option?

Thanks!