[Soot-list] How to measure the memory usage ?

Phung Hua Nguyen nhp at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sat Oct 16 20:25:04 EDT 2004

Thanks a lot,

> I think one choice would be to turn on some of the gc information when
> you run your JVM (-verbose:gc).      You might also want to call an
> explicit gc before the part you want to measure, and then just after it.

I do gc before the point i think it use the most memory, and then I gc
again and use Runtime.getRuntime().totalMemory() -
Runtime.getRuntime().freeMemory() to know the memory usage at that point.
By the way, I can know the memory usage at that point but I am not sure
that is the most memory usage.
Maybe I need to profile the memory usage at every point.

> Nguyen, can I ask what algorithms you have implemented?

I am trying to make some modification on the points-to analysis.

Cheers,

Phung Hua Nguyen
University of New South Wales