[Soot-list] Whole-program and allow-phantom-refs options cause soot to crash

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Wed Oct 27 10:13:08 EDT 2004

Hi Guillaume,

Just some questions before I go digging in Shimple and various
versions of Soot.

Guillaume Salagnac <guillaume.salagnac at imag.fr> wrote:
> I'm wondering if the whole-program (-ws, in my case) and
> -allow-phantom-refs are compatible. I'm trying to analyse a big app with
> missing libraries, and I would like to get a partial but conservative
> result.
>
> java -mx400m soot.Main -allow-phantom-refs -ws -f S myclass
>
> I get various exceptions before soot completes, that are caught and
> displayed by soot mechanisms, and finally it gives up, again with an
> exception, somewhere in the call graph construction.

I don't think it should be a problem for Shimple because it is
computed intra-procedurally and doesn't really care about external
refs.

Do you get errors with "-w" instead of "-ws"?

Can you post the errors?

Thanks,
Navin.