[Soot-list] Memory performance problems with Soot

Keith Lea keith at cs.oswego.edu
Tue Apr 12 14:18:00 EDT 2005

I'm using Soot as a class library by calling Soot.addBasicClass and so
on. I'm using the java2jimple source parser based on polyglot. My
application keeps running out of memory after a series of maybe 50-200
analyses, and I think it's Soot that's retaining all of the memory.

Has anyone else encountered problems with Soot not freeing unused
references? I'm trying to look into the problem with a profiler, but I'm
not too familiar with memory profiling tools. Is there anywhere in
particular that I should look for these references?

Thanks,
-Keith