[Soot-list] How to use paddle?

Ondrej Lhotak olhotak at sable.mcgill.ca
Mon Feb 7 13:15:56 EST 2005

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 12:27:13PM -0500, Ruijie Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I tried to run paddle with the following option:
>
> "-p cg.paddle enabled:true"
>
> I got the error message:
>
> "Could not find soot.jimple.paddle.PaddleTransformer. Did you include
> Paddle on your Java classpath?"
>
> Then I copied the sourse files in the directory "generated\jedd" into
> the directory "src" and tried to compile soot. But I could not compile
> soot successfully. Many classes could not be found . And there is still
> no class "soot.jimple.paddle.PaddleTransformer" defined in
> "generated\jedd".
>
> Can anybody tell me how to use paddle?

Paddle is maintained separately from Soot, in a repository available at
https://svn.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/paddle
It has its own ant build.xml file. It is still being developed, and has
not yet been packaged up as a release.

Soot itself contains only hooks to call into Paddle. These hooks require
Paddle to have been built and to be on the classpath. If it is, it can
be enabled with "-p cg.paddle on".

The files in generated/jedd in the Soot repository are outdated
files left over from the Paddle build process, which are in the Soot
repository in error. I have removed them in revision 1983.

Ondrej