[Soot-list] [Fwd: Question about Soot]

Ondrej Lhotak olhotak at sable.mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 27 09:46:10 EST 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Question about Soot
Date: 	Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:21:37 +0100
From: 	Cyrille Artho <artho at inf.ethz.ch>
To: 	clump at cs.mcgill.ca

Dear Prof. Verbrugge,
for completeness in a paper I am publishing, I have a question about Soot:
I have found papers where the structure of bytecode subroutines
(jsr/ret) is analyzed for decompilation (Dava). Probably this also
applies to transformation into a different format such as Jimple.

However, I am not sure whether Soot actually performs inlining in a way
that generates again original Java bytecode without subroutines (or,
more precisely, jsr/ret instructions)? If so, which paper or tech.
report describes that?

Please reply within one week if possible, as the printed version is due
by then.
--
Regards,
Cyrille Artho