[Soot-list] How to reuse CFG framework without low-level byte code.

emujrock emujrock at verizon.net
Sat Jul 9 21:13:29 EDT 2005

I am working on code tool for some legacy system. The purpose of the
tool is to convert programs in proprietary legacy language to Java. The
language has goto and I need some goto removal framework. It looks like
soot can do exactly what I need.

I start from AST tree of legacy program, not from java bytecode. My
direct attempt to use soot goto removal algorithm failed because it
relies upon low level packages baf.* and jimple.*. I do not understand
how to build “Body”, “Unit” and “Block” instances directly without going
through bytecode. From what I see  in the code it looks like it may be
impossible to do. If I am wrong could somebody point me to the right
direction? If it can not be done now:

Do you have any plans to separate high level CFG algorithms from
the rest of the code? If you need volunteers to do this I am ready to
contribute.

Sincerely,
Pavel