[Soot-list] SSA use-defs

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Wed Jul 20 12:39:29 EDT 2005

Hi Ashok,

Ashok Sreenivas <ashoks at pune.tcs.co.in> wrote:
> I've recently started trying to use SOOT, and want to find ud/du
> info from Shimple (SSA). The ShimpleLocalUses/Defs gives me the
> necessary the du/ud info on locals. How do I get the same for
> field references. For eg, in the following program, how do I get

Unfortunately SSA form is only computed on locals and not on fields
currently.

> the fact that x.i on the RHS of the assignment gets its value
> from the previous line?

In the presense of concurrency, I'm not sure this would be true.

"Jun Chen" <j2chen at uwaterloo.ca> is doing some work on SSA,
concurrency and fields in Soot.  I'm not sure how far he has gotten --
maybe you'd like to get in touch with him.

Cheers,
Navin.