[Soot-list] Problem with tutorial examples

Amey Karkare karkare at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:49:27 EDT 2005

Hello,
 I have recently installed soot framework. But I am not able to run
the 'create class'
(http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/createclass/Main.java) and
'goto instrumenter' (
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/profiler/Main.java) example
files. I am not really sure if i am running these programs in the
correct way.  Errors I am getting are:
// for createclass
$> javac Main.java
Main.java:96: newStaticFieldRef(soot.SootFieldRef) in
soot.jimple.Jimple cannot be applied to (soot.SootField)
                units.add(Jimple.v().newAssignStmt(tmpRef,
Jimple.v().newStaticFieldRef(
                                                                   ^
Main.java:102: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method newVirtualInvokeExpr
(soot.Local,soot.SootMethod,soot.jimple.StringConstant)
location: class soot.jimple.Jimple

units.add(Jimple.v().newInvokeStmt(Jimple.v().newVirtualInvokeExpr(tmpRef,
toCall, StringConstant.v("Hello world!"))));
                                                           ^
Main.java:110: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method write ()
location: class soot.SootClass
        sClass.write();
              ^
3 errors
Similar errors are there for other program.

Please guid me how can I fix this peoblem.

Thanks,
Amey Karkare,
CSE Research Scholar,
IIT Bombay.