[Soot-list] access to original variable names

Patrick LAM plam at sable.mcgill.ca
Fri Jun 17 14:33:01 EDT 2005

Jasen Carrol wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to get the original variable name
> when working with JimpleBody?

Yes, -p jb.use-original-names, I think, or something like that.

> For example, if I have the following Java code:

> int x = 5;
> int x = 10;
>
> In this case, Soot will create two different
> JimpleLocal's named "b0" and "b1" respectively. By
> looking at the JimpleBody, I have no way of knowing
> that "b0" and "b1" are actually the same java
> variable.

You meant i0 and i1, right?

In any case, if a variable is used in two different contexts, I believe
that Soot will split the two disjoint contexts of the variable into two
local variable names, because that makes the program much easier to
analyze.

pat