[Soot-list] paddle dependencies

Ondrej Lhotak olhotak at sable.mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 8 13:35:25 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 10:20:32AM -0600, Will Benton wrote:
> I'm interested in using Paddle, but am a bit unclear on precisely what
> I need to have installed in order to build it from subversion.  Is it
> best to basically build everything currently in the soot repository?
> (Would it be smarter to wait for a release?)

At the moment, subversion Paddle requires subversion Jedd and subversion
Soot.

I've updated my nightly builds page at
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/~olhota/build/
so that it contains these prerequisites. I've checked out a clean Paddle
and downloaded these prerequisites, and it did indeed build.

As for waiting for a release, I think Paddle is at a state where
adventurous people can start playing with it. Just try not to rely on
everything staying the way it is; if I need to change things, I will.

I will probably make up some sort of package by the end of next week,
because there are people interested in running it (rather than tinkering
with it). External documentation is a bit of a problem for the moment:
the main overall big picture documentation will be in my thesis, which I
intend to finish this summer, but it's not quite done yet...

Ondrej