[Soot-list] loadBasicClasses() throws an exception

Eric Bodden eric at bodden.de
Mon Mar 14 21:47:40 EST 2005

> Can Soot handle the missing of classes internally, so that it can
> continue even some classes are missing?
I am pretty much sure, that it cannot. All classes have to be available for
type checking and so forth IIRC. So you will have to include the appropritae
crypto extension on the sootclasspath. Another workaround which at least
worked in earlier versions, was to stick in appropriate dummy classes
("phantom classes"), which Soot then finds and so won't try to load from
disk. But this is rather a hack than a solution.