[Soot-list] Pointer Assignment Graph for VTA

patrick zhang iampatrick.zhang at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 22:25:23 EST 2005

Hi
I am using VTA and points to analysis in spark. Interestingly, the
Pointer Assignment Graph construction time for VTA is MUCH longer than
the points to analysis, which is counter intuitive imho. Would you
please tell me that is there anything wrong with the parameters?
Thanks
-Patrick

For example:
The following comes from the result when I run vta on _201_JESS
The parameter to the soot is "--app -p cg.spark vta:true -w"
[Spark] Pointer Assignment Graph in 226.4 seconds.
[Spark] Type masks in 6.5 seconds.
[Spark] Pointer Graph simplified in 2.8 seconds.
[Spark] Propagation in 3.2 seconds.
[Spark] Solution found in 6.1 seconds.

The following comes from the result when I run points to analysis on _201_JESS
The parameter to the soot is "--app -p cg.spark on-fly-cg:true -w"
[Spark] Pointer Assignment Graph in 10.0 seconds.
[Spark] Type masks in 1.8 seconds.
[Spark] Pointer Graph simplified in 0.0 seconds.
[Spark] Propagation in 99.4 seconds.
[Spark] Solution found in 99.4 seconds.