[Soot-list] unrolling loops

Greg Dennis gdennis at mit.edu
Tue Oct 18 17:49:00 EDT 2005

hi,

I'm in the process of building a static analysis based on the Jimple
IR. My analysis presumes all loops in the CFG have been unwound for a
finite number of iterations, with an "assume" statement at the end of
the iterations that assumes the loop condition to be false. I have
implemented a new type of Stmt called AssumeStmt for this purpose.  At
the end of the unrolling transformation, there should be no backedges
in the CFG. Do you know of anyone who has successfully implemented
this type of loop unrolling Jimple? I'm having difficulty figuring out
a simple algorithm for it.

thanks,
Greg