[Soot-list] Resetting Soot and Line number question

Barthelemy Dagenais barthed at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:24:01 EDT 2005

I searched through the mailing list archives and I could not find answers
for these questions.

I would like to use Soot more than once in my application. I read it is
possible to reset Soot Scene since Soot 2.0, but I cannot find how to do it
in the API. It seems every time I use the loadNecessaryClasses() method of
the Scene class, the changes made to the class files are not taken into
account.

My second question is related to the line number information. I tried the
Java-To-Jimple parser and saw that source line information (SourceLnPosTag)
is not directly available for AbstractInstanceInvokeExpr like virtualinvoke
or interfaceinvoke. By digging a little further, I found it is at least
available as a tag in the base box unit of this kind of expression. I
understand that line number information for jimple code that is generated
from bytecode are bound to the javac specification, but what about jimple
code generated from java source code? Is there any other expression that may
not retain line number information?

By the way, thank you very much for this great framework!

Regards,
Barthélémy