[Soot-list] exception in soot when throwing a null (resend)

Jasen Carrol jasencarro at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 13:47:03 EDT 2005

Hi again,

I posted a message yesterday but it turned out to be
incomplete.

I tried retrieving the active body of a method that
contained the following code. This caused
AbstractThrowAnalysis to throw:
"java.lang.IllegalStateException: UnitThrowAnalysis
StmtSwitch: type of throw argument is not a RefType!"

void testException()
{
   RuntimeException x = null;

   try
   {
      throw x;
   }
   catch(RuntimeException e)
   {

This is valid source code according to the JAVAC
compiler and the resulting byte code runs fine on the
Sun 1.4.2 JVM.

Is there a workaround I can use before the bug is
fixed properly?

Thanks,
Jasen