[Soot-list] Speeding up soot in whole-program mode ?

Guillaume Salagnac guillaume.salagnac at imag.fr
Tue Sep 27 03:52:56 EDT 2005

> I've checked into the Soot subversion repository a fix in revision
> 2142 which enables the Jimple parser to handle the strictfp keyword. I
> have to look more closely at the java.lang.Integer problem before I
> can fix it.

Thanks for your help.

But anyway, it seems that loading the jimple is not faster than parsing
bytecode, so I gave up this approach. That's why there is no emergency
in fixing this bug.

I was hoping that parsing the jimple would speed up soot's execution,
because some phases are not useful anymore : the jimple locals are
already there, already typed, etc. But I was wrong, as I discovered
later.

Is there such a way to reduce the execution time when working whith
.jimple source, for example by ommiting some soot phases, like jimple
typing, and so on ? Obviously, if the jimple is already built, it is not
useful to do it a second time...

-G

--
Guillaume Salagnac
PhD student, Vérimag Laboratory, Grenoble, France.