[Soot-list] how to translate a .class to .jimple?

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Aug 11 20:59:00 EDT 2006

Well, I guess firs you want to load your .class file into Soot. For that, you have to have your Soot classpath right, which you can set with this method:

http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/Scene.html#setSootClassPath(java.lang.String)

Scene.v().setSootClassPath("/my/classfile/directory");

Then you have to load the class with:

http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/Scene.html#loadClassAndSupport(java.lang.String)

SootClass c = Scene.v().loadClassAndSupport("my.fully.qualified.Name");

Then you write your class out to whatever PrintWriter you like:

Printer.v().printTo(c,System.out);

Hope that helps,

Eric Bodden

Sable Research Group, McGill University