[Soot-list] Possible bug in Dominators Analysis

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Aug 21 19:51:41 EDT 2006

mbatch at cs.mcgill.ca <mbatch at cs.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> I do not know how to appropriately get around this issue (because the
> dominator analysis definitely wants a single head). Navin, the SSA man of
> Soot, might be the person to ask, although I am not sure if he still reads
> this list.

There seems to be a multi-headed analysis here:

http://svn.sable.mcgill.ca/viewcvs/soot/trunk/src/soot/toolkits/graph/MHGDominatorsFinder.java?rev=2240&view=markup

I can't quite remember but I think it was quickly thrown together and
is very inefficient.

For block graphs I remember having something to add Start and Stop
nodes to the graph so that you could use the single-head analysis.
For unit graphs it's a little trickier because they deal directly with
the units from the chain and there is no node abstraction to work
with.

Thanks,
Navin.