[Soot-list] Paddle, JEDD & extending the points-to analysis

Alan Ryan alan.ryan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 13:52:03 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am using Paddle to run a context-sensitive pointer analysis for my code.
I have also downloaded and run the pointsto example provided in the Jedd
example folder.

I need to extend the default analysis to include some more information, for
example  dealing with thread accesses, explicit program point information &
perhaps augment handling of dynamic classes.  I have been looking at the
points-to analysis which Paddle provides within the Soot framework, and I
would like to be able to develop my analysis using this Paddle setup within
Eclipse.  The reason I want to use the Paddle/Soot/Eclipse setup is because
I can easily attain jimple/shimple from source files and then pass these to
the analysis.  Whereas if I develop with  Jedd I will have to use a synopsis
file similar to pag.small?

Do I have to develop my analysis using Jedd as a standalone tool and then
incorporate this in to Soot/Paddle?

Please let me know if I am way off the mark here, I have read Ondřej MSc &
PhD and the other papers detailing the pointer analysis framework but I am
still relatively new to this field.

Thanks,
Alan