[Soot-list] loading class files with Soot in abc

Patrick LAM plam at sable.mcgill.ca
Sun Feb 5 15:12:50 EST 2006

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Oege de Moor wrote:

> All java inputs in abc have to be piped through our
> frontend: abc never uses soot to read *.java or *.aj files.
> So on reflection, it may well be that we can just tell Soot
> never to read *.java when used from abc.

It looks like having Soot only read .class files would work, then.
That's probably the correct fix to commit, and doesn't have a lot of
possible unintended side effects.

It seems that there might also be a small bug where Soot might add a file
to a list multiple times if there's both a .jimple and a .class version in
the same directory, and I have a patch for that; but since I'm not sure
that this is actually a problem, I won't commit that patch.

pat