[Soot-list] Can't find java.lang.Error

John Jorgensen jorgnsn at lcd.uregina.ca
Sun Feb 12 10:45:36 EST 2006

>>>>> "mfh02" == Marc Hull (Imperial College) <mfh02 at doc.ic.ac.uk> writes:
    mfh02> My application observes running user code until
    mfh02> particular method calls occur, at which point it uses
    mfh02> Soot to analyse the classes involved in the call,
    mfh02> modifies some of their methods and then applies the
    mfh02> changes using hot swapping.  Because of this, the
    mfh02> classes to be altered aren't known in advance, so
    mfh02> soot.Main.main() would have to be invoked each time
    mfh02> one of these method calls occurs, which might add the
    mfh02> overhead of initialisation every time I call it?

I think you're right that each invocation of soot.Main.main()
would spend time rejimplifying the basic classes that previous
invocations had already analyzed, though my active involvement
with Soot ended a couple of years ago, so my understanding may be
obsolete.