[Soot-list] Soot Bugzilla broken

Steffen Pingel steffenp at gmx.de
Fri Jan 6 19:29:04 EST 2006

Hi,

I tried to submit a bug report but I got a "Bad Gateway" error while trying to
access https://svn.sable.mcgill.ca/bugzilla. Therefore I am posting the
report to this list.

I have attached an example that demonstrates the bugs I discovered while
decompiling with Dava. I ran Soot with these arguments: "-f d ExampleX".

The first example creates a method that is missing the loop:

    public void doWhileLoop()
    {
    }

The second example causes a NullPointerException:

Generating sootOutput/dava/src/Example2.java... Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at soot.AbstractUnitPrinter.local(AbstractUnitPrinter.java:76)
        at soot.dava.internal.AST.ASTTryNode.toString(ASTTryNode.java:212)
        at soot.dava.internal.AST.ASTNode.body_toString(ASTNode.java:47)
        at
soot.dava.internal.AST.ASTLabeledBlockNode.toString(ASTLabeledBlockNode.java:69)
        at soot.dava.internal.AST.ASTNode.body_toString(ASTNode.java:47)
        at
soot.dava.internal.AST.ASTLabeledBlockNode.toString(ASTLabeledBlockNode.java:69)
        at soot.dava.internal.AST.ASTNode.body_toString(ASTNode.java:47)
        at
soot.dava.internal.AST.ASTMethodNode.toString(ASTMethodNode.java:290)
        at soot.dava.DavaPrinter.printStatementsInBody(DavaPrinter.java:152)
        at soot.dava.DavaPrinter.printTo(DavaPrinter.java:421)
        at soot.dava.DavaPrinter.printTo(DavaPrinter.java:374)
        at soot.PackManager.postProcessDAVA(PackManager.java:464)
        at soot.PackManager.writeOutput(PackManager.java:340)
        at soot.Main.run(Main.java:180)
        at soot.Main.main(Main.java:153)

I have tried Soot 2.2.2 as well as the latest stuff from the svn trunk.

Steffen

--
Steffen Pingel - steffenp at gmx.de - http://steffenpingel.de